Judges must be active on Bookstagram and have over ONE THOUSAND followers.
- Stories in this contest must be categorized as romance. Which means they need to have a HEA (Happily Ever After) or HFN (Happy For Now) ending.
- The only exception to this rule is if the story is part of an ongoing series. Authors are required to disclose whether their entry is part of a series and must confirm that their series will include a HEA or HFN resolution at the completion of the series.
Eligibility for Entries
- Books must have a publication date between May 2023-April 2024.
- The book has been professionally edited.
- Entries can be traditionally or independently published.
- The contest is open internationally, with the exception of the Canadian category, which is for Canadian authors and Canadian judges only.
- Bookstagrammers judging the contest can enter the contest but they CAN NOT enter the category they are judging.
- Entries must be between 55,000-150,000 words.
- Entries CAN be re-releases, but there needs to be a publisher change and/or significant manuscript changes to be considered.
The Canadian Category
There is one category that is reserved for Canadian authors only. It will be judged by Canadian Bookstagrammers.
A Note About Discrimination
- All romance authors are permitted to enter the contest regardless of ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
- All Bookstragrammers are eligible to judge the contest regardless of ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
- All books are to be given fair and just scores based on their quality, NOT on the author’s sexuality, race or religious beliefs.